A family run business, Twisted Citrus couriers mandarins, lemons, limes and navel oranges from its Gisborne orchard around the country. They share this recipe for lemon spiced nuts, which actually came from the Sumner Tennis and Squash Club's fundraising cookbook. A very nutritious but hard to resist winter treat.
|1 large||Egg white|
|1 Tbsp||Lemon juice|
|1 Tbsp||Lemon zest|
|500 g||Mixed nuts, raw, such as peanuts, cashews, walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts (Main)|
|2 Tbsp||Brown sugar|
|1 Tbsp||Finely chopped rosemary leaves|
|½ tsp||Cayenne pepper|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 150C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Whisk egg white, lemon juice, lemon zest and salt together in a large bowl. Add the nuts and toss to coat.
- Stir in the brown sugar, chopped rosemary and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
- Spread the nuts evenly on the baking sheet and bake until dry and crisp, approximately 20-25 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through baking time. Do not stir.
- Cool completely. Break the nuts apart and serve. Nuts can be stored in an airtight container for 3 weeks.