1 cup rocket leaves 4 large ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges 1 punnet red or yellow cherry tomatoes Salt and freshly ground black pepper Rocket and walnut pesto (recipe follows), to serve 1. Arrange rocket
|4||Tomatoes, large ripe, cut into wedges (Main)|
|1 cup||Rocket leaves (Main)|
|1 punnet||Cherry tomatoes, red or yellow|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, to season|
|2 cloves||Garlic, chopped|
|1 cup||Rocket leaves, firmly packed|
|2 Tbsp||Walnut pieces, toasted|
|2 Tbsp||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|¼ cup||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Arrange rocket leaves in a large salad bowl. Scatter with tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Top with small dollops of rocket and walnut pesto to serve.
- Place rocket and garlic in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to chop. Add walnuts and parmesan and pulse to combine.
- With the motor running, add oil through the feed tube of the food procecssor in a steady stream until amalgamated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Use pesto as a dip or as a salad dressing. Makes 1 cup.