This recipe is part of a menu created by Tina Duncan for Simply You Living, highlighting New Zealand's finest produce. For starters, delicate kai moana, followed by venison steaks with kumara fondant, pea puree and delicately herbed carrots. To finish; a sweet note of honey soufflé with walnut wafers and orange blossom labne.
|750 g||Kumara (Main)|
|1 dash||Olive oil|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Peel kumara, cut into 5cm slices and trim to make them all the same shape. You can use a round cutter for this.
- Place in a saucepan of boiling salted water and simmer until nearly tender.
- Remove from water, drain and dry with a paper towel. This can be done in advance.
- Heat oil and butter in saute´ pan. When the butter is sizzling, add the kumara and brown on all sides to caramelise.
- Continue until kumara is completely tender and golden brown all over. Keep warm to serve.