This soup can be prepared ahead of time and is good to freeze.
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|2 stalks||Celery, finely sliced|
|1||Onion, finely chopped|
|800 g||Orange kumara (Main)|
|5 cups||Chicken stock|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|100 g||Watercress, leaves removed from stems (Main)|
|½ cup||Sour cream|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Place oil in a large saucepan and gently cook garlic, celery and onion until tender.
- Peel and roughly chop the kumara, then add to the pan along with chicken stock, and season with salt.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer until kumara is tender. Add most of the watercress, setting aside a few leaves to garnish. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Blend soup in batches in a blender or food processor, then return to pan. Check flavours and season as needed. If too thick, dilute with more stock.
- Serve soup in bowls, each with a dollop of sour cream and a few leaves of watercress.