|8 pieces||Streaky bacon, butcher-cured smoked streaky bacon, cut into 2cm square pieces (Main)|
|150 g||Red kumara, peeled, sliced thinly (Main)|
|1||Red onion, peeled and sliced thinly|
|2 cloves||Crushed garlic|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC
- Layer the kumara, bacon and onion in an ovenproof casserole dish.
- Warm the milk, cream, garlic and salt and pepper and pour over the layered ingredients. Cover with a lid or tin foil.
- Bake in a medium oven for an hour. Check the kumara is well cooked.
- Remove the lid or foil and return to the oven for 10 to 15 minutes to brown off the top (watch carefully so it doesn't burn).