Always nice to use the kiwifruit in different ways and it works so well with cheese.
|1 ¼ kgs||Kiwifruit, whole (Main)|
|500 g||Granny Smith apples|
|3 cm||Fresh ginger, grated|
|1||Lemon, freshly zested and juiced|
|1||Orange, freshly zested and juiced|
|1 sprig||Fresh rosemary, or tarragon or lemon thyme|
|5||Bay leaves, or kaffir lime leaves|
|1 ½ cups||Caster sugar|
|¼ cup||White wine vinegar|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Wash the kiwifruit and Granny Smith apples. Roughly chop into even-sized chunks, skins and all, and place in a large saucepan.
- Add ginger, the lemon and orange zest and juice, rosemary (tarragon or lemon thyme) and bay (or kaffir lime) leaves.
- Place over a medium heat and simmer the mixture until it is soft and pulpy. Remove from heat, cool slightly, and pass through a sieve (discard the solids) into a clean saucepan.
- Add caster sugar and white wine vinegar. Simmer mixture over a medium heat, stirring often for about 20 minutes or until it thickens and becomes jam-like.
- Pour into small sterilised jam jars, seal and store in the pantry. Refrigerate after opening.