|3 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1||Lemon, zest (organic)|
|200 g||Kingfish, in one piece (Main)|
|2 tsp||Pink peppercorns, (not brined)|
|1 Tbsp||Parsley, finely chopped|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Wash and dry a large flat serving plate.
- Ensure the fish is straight from the fridge, as it must be cold to be able to be sliced thinly.
- Using a sharp, thin-bladed knife, cut it as thinly as possible, laying each slice on the plate as you go.
- Slightly overlap each slice, as you want the plate to be covered, but the fish also needs to be able to absorb the dressing.
- Drizzle with the oil and lemon juice so each piece is well-coated.
- Grate a little lemon zest over, scatter with the peppercorns and herbs and finish with a liberal sprinkling of salt and black pepper.
- To serve, give your guests small forks or chopsticks to enable them to lift the slices of fish off the platter to eat while they're enjoying a cold drink..