|1 cup||Caster sugar|
|1 Tbsp||Instant coffee|
|½ cup||Dark chocolate|
|½ cup||Whipped cream|
|½ cup||Cocoa powder (Main)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Place sugar, cocoa, coffee and water in a saucepan and mix well. Bring to the boil, then simmer for one minute.
- Whisk the egg yolks with an electric mixture until light and fluffy. Reduce the speed of the mixer to low and add the hot syrup in a continuous fine stream. Continue beating until the mixture is thick and it forms a ribbon pattern when the beater is pulled away.
- Refrigerate bowl for 30 minutes to chill mixture. Whip one cup of the cream and fold into the chocolate mixture with the coarsely chopped chocolate.
- Line six teacups with plastic wrap. Divide mixture among prepared cups. Place cups in the freezer for at least six hours, preferably overnight, to set.
- Turn out and remove plastic wrap to serve. Decorate with whipped cream and shaved chocolate.