Warren Elwin uses fresh buffalo mozzarella and bocconcini to add a touch of Italy
- Cut the crusts off slices of fresh white bread and lightly butter the edges.
- Top one slice generously with thick slices of buffalo mozzarella (you can leave them plain or add an anchovy and fresh herbs if you like). Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with another slice of bread and press to firmly close the edges. (Repeat for number of sandwiches you're making).
- Cut sandwiches in half to form triangles, dust in seasoned flour, dip in beaten egg and crumb with breadcrumbs.
- Fry sandwiches in hot oil until golden and crunchy.