|225 g||Butter, softened|
|1 ½ cups||Sugar|
|3||Bananas, ripe, mashed (Main)|
|2 tsp||Baking soda|
|440 g||Canned crushed pineapple, well drained (Main)|
|1 cup||Pecan / Walnuts, finely chopped|
|250 g||Cream cheese, softened|
|75 g||Butter, softened|
|3 cups||Icing sugar, sifted|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|1 can||Mangoes - sliced, drained (Main)|
|¾ cup||Shredded coconut, lightly toasted (Main)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Spray 2x20cm round cake pans with oil and line bases with baking paper.
- Beat the softened butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well. Fold in the mashed banana.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add the well-drained pineapple and nuts. Fold together gently until combined. Spoon the cake mixture evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- To make the icing, beat cream cheese and butter until combined. Mix in the sifted icing sugar and vanilla.
- To assemble, spread icing over one of the cooled cakes and then cover with mango slices. Spread a little more icing on the second cake and sit on top of the mango, icing side down.
- Cover the cake with remaining icing and sprinkle with toasted coconut.