|1 kg||Squid tubes, cleaned and halved (Main)|
|1 serving||Vegetable oil|
|1 to serve||Soy sauce|
|¼ cup||Fish sauce|
|3 cloves||Garlic, crushed|
|2 small||Red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped|
- Place fish sauce, honey, garlic and chilli in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Score squid with the tip of a sharp knife making a tight-knit criss-cross pattern on the inner side of each piece.
- Place in a non-metallic dish, pour marinade over squid, cover and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
- Heat a wok or frying pan over a medium-high heat and stir-fry squid in several batches for 2-4 minutes.
- The honey will cause the squid to caramelise and can catch and burn, so keep it moving.
- Serve with extra soy sauce on the side.
To learn how to prepare fresh squid,watch this video.