There's always a jar or two of different mueslis on offer at home. Our everyday favourite has no added wet ingredients, and is dry roasted to ensure the nuts and seeds are crisp. I've chosen a muesli with sticky honey and oil for a golden crunch and a bit of sweetness. Always add the fruit when the muesli has cooled otherwise it will become dry and hard. Serve it with stewed fruit and Greek yoghurt, and you'll feel healthy and vital all day.
|2 cups||Rolled oats, large (Main)|
|1 cup||Shredded coconut|
|½ cup||Sunflower seeds|
|½ cup||Almonds, whole|
|½ cup||Sesame seeds|
|½ cup||Pumpkin seeds|
|¼ cup||Coconut oil|
|¼ cup||Runny honey|
|1 ½ cups||Dried fruit, apricots, raisins, cranberries or goji berries|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Set oven to 160C. Line a large roasting dish with baking paper.
- Add oats, coconut, almonds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds and hazelnuts to roasting dish. Combine well.
- In a small bowl mix the oil and honey. Pour over the muesli and stir to combine.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to ensure it does not brown too quickly.
- Remove and cool. Add the dried fruit and wheat germ. Store in an airtight container.
- Serve with poached seasonal fruit and thick Greek yoghurt.