Your friends and family will marvel at these artistic and clever cookies.
|1 ¼ cups||Plain flour|
|70 g||Ground hazelnuts (Main)|
|¼ cup||Caster sugar|
|100 g||Unsalted butter, cut into small pieces|
|1 Tbsp||Cocoa powder, sifted|
|1||Egg, white, lightly beaten|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat the oven to 180C .
- Sift the flour, salt and sugar into a bowl. Mix in the nuts. Rub the butter into the mixture until it has the texture of breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg yolks to form a soft dough. Divide the mixture in half and mix one portion with the cocoa.
- Roll each portion out thinly on a floured surface. Using cutters in two different sizes, cut out the biscuits.
- With a pastry brush, coat the underside of the small biscuit with egg white and place on top of the larger biscuit.
- Place the biscuits on a greased tray and chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool and store in an airtight container.