A simple, easy and cost effective mid-week meal.
|2 sheets||Flaky puff pastry (Main)|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Onion, finely diced|
|200 g||Ham, chopped (Main)|
|125 g||Brie, sliced (Main)|
|¼ cup||Basil leaves, torn, plus extra for garnish|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Line the base and sides of a 20cm tart tin with pastry. Prick the pastry all over with a fork. Refrigerate for 30 minutes while you prepare the filling.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook onion over a low heat for 5 minutes until soft.
- Place eggs and milk in a bowl and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place onion (finely diced), ham, brie and basil into the pastry base and pour over the egg mixture. Top with tomato slices and bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until filling is just set.
- Sprinkle with extra basil leaves and serve.