The Tijuana Green Chile sauce from the Culley’s range impressed all the judges. It is made with New Zealand grown green habanero chillies and capsicums. It has a medium-hot chilli strength and a natural home-made taste. In these tacos I’ve used the green chile sauce twice — to marinate and add flavour to the chicken and then drizzled over the taco for a fiery finish.
|4 Tbsp||Green Chile Tijuana sauce, I use the Culleys brand, plus some extra sauce for serving (Main)|
|2 Tbsp||Greek yoghurt, natural, plus extra for serving|
|2||Chicken breasts, skinless (Main)|
|1||Lime, cut into wedges|
|¼ cup||Fresh coriander|
|¼ cup||Mint leaves|
|1 cup||Pineapple, barbecued and diced (Main)|
|¼ cup||Red onions, diced|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh lime juice|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1/8 tsp||Flaky Marlborough sea salt|
- Mix green chile sauce with yoghurt and salt. Massage into chicken breasts and leave to marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Cook chicken breasts in a baking dish at 180C for 15-20 minutes (depending on size) until done. Allow to cool, then pull meat apart.
- For the salsa, slice mint and coriander, mix with pineapple, red onion, lime juice, oil and sea salt.
- Heat barbecue or frying pan to medium-high heat, cook tortillas for 30 seconds on each side until bubbles appear on the surface and they begin to brown. Wrap in a cloth napkin to steam, soften and keep warm.
- Dress each tortilla with chicken, diced fresh tomatoes, pineapple salsa, extra yoghurt and green chilli sauce to taste. Serve with lime wedges.
- For the barbecued pineapple: barbecue or grill fresh, peeled, thick cut slices to get an extra great flavour and texture boost and cook until golden. Allow them to cool, then dice.