|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|2 tsp||Dried oregano|
|1 ½ cups||Arborio rice|
|1 to serve||Feta|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Place chicken (size 14), chopped celery, chopped carrot and halved onion in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and cook until chicken is tender and falling off the bone. Remove chicken from the liquid and refrigerate. Cool liquid, scoop off fat and strain.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan, then gently cook chopped red onion, chopped garlic, capsicum (deseeded and chopped) and oregano for 5 minutes. Add reserved chicken liquid, and bring to the boil, then add rice and chopped spinach. Cook for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove chicken from carcass and flake into bite-sized pieces.
- Add chicken to the soup and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve soup topped with crumbled feta and rind of one lemon.