|½ cup||Dried apricots|
|½ cup||Dried figs|
|1 cup||Ginger ale|
|2 cups||Chicken stock|
|1 ½ cups||Couscous (Main)|
|1 tsp||Hot smoky paprika|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Thaw chicken (size 20) if frozen. Place figs, apricots, dates, 1 tablespoon orange rind and ginger ale in a bowl. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Wash chicken and pat dry. Fill body cavity with drained fruit mixture. Secure legs.
- Peel onions and cut into quarters. Wash and cut lemons into quarters. Place lemons and stock over the base of a large heavy-based saucepan. Bring to the boil, turn down to a simmer, add chicken and simmer over a low heat for 1 1/2 hours, turning once.
- Remove chicken to a heatproof platter and cover with foil. Using paper towels soak up any fat from the saucepan. Bring stock mixture to the boil and add couscous, paprika and parsley. Cover saucepan and stand for five minutes. Carve chicken. Fluff up couscous with a fork.
- Serve chicken with couscous and fruit stuffing.