|1 cup||Sultanas (Main)|
|1 cup||Dates, chopped (Main)|
|1 cup||Plain flour|
|½ tsp||Baking powder|
|1 tsp||Baking soda|
|1 cup||Walnuts, chopped (Main)|
|2 Tbsp||Oil, light|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Put into a saucepanmilk,sugar and sultanas and chopped dates.
- Bring to the boil and simmer 5 minutes.
- Cool and plain flour, baking powder,baking soda, salt, chopped walnuts (optional) and light oil.
- Mix well and put into large loaf tin or two smaller tins.
- Cook in moderate oven (1 large tin 1hr 10 mins or 2 smaller tins 3/4 hr).
- This recipe freezes well.