Not your ordinary breakfast fare – but these field mushrooms with a hint of garlic and a dash of creamy goodness are divine, especially with a little parmesan. Add a few strips of smoky bacon for the meat lovers.
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil, or rosemary oil|
|1||Garlic clove, crushed|
|2 Tbsp||Pine nuts|
|250 g||Button mushrooms, sliced|
|250 g||Field mushrooms, sliced (Main)|
|100 g||Baby spinach|
|1||Parmesan cheese, shaved on top|
|1||Red onion, use more if desired|
|1 bag||Toast bread slices, I use the grain variety|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan and cook the garlic and pine nuts for 1 minute until nuts are toasted.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the field mushrooms gill side down to the buttery pan and cook over a gentle heat for 4-5 minutes until starting to soften.
- Turn field mushrooms over, add in sliced mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes until coloured.
- Add cream, spinach and nut mix and simmer all together for a further 2 minutes or until reducedand creamy
- Serve mushrooms over grainy toast with shaved parmesan and cracked pepper and add a few grilled tomatoes or onions.