Christmas is usually a time for over-eating so I’ve kept things fresh with a raw beetroot salad — festive colours and a fresh burst of flavour will make a gorgeous cut-through to all the other food. It’s a relatively low-stress menu, but one that is delicious and impressive.
I love raw beetroot salads, but thanks go to Pam for the idea of adding pinenuts and coriander.
|2 large||Beetroot, peeled and grated (Main)|
|1 Tbsp||Pomegranate molasses|
|1 Tbsp||Dijon mustard|
|2 Tbsp||Apple cider vinegar|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 bunch||Fresh coriander|
|¼ cup||Pine nuts, dry toasted in a frying pan|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Place grated beetroot and carrots in a large bowl.
- Drizzle over the pomegranate molasses.
- For the dressing, in a small jug combine the mustard, vinegar, orange juice and olive oil. Whisk together well with a fork.
- Add the dressing to the beet mixture.
- Add half of the coriander. Combine gently with your hands, ensuring the dressing is mixed through.
- Sprinkle over the remaining coriander and the pinenuts. Serve immediately.
If making this salad in advance, make the dressing in a small jug and keep the beetroot and carrots in the fridge. Combine and garnish when ready to serve.