|1 kg||Feijoa (Main)|
|2 Tbsp||Golden syrup|
|½ cup||Plain flour|
|100 g||Rolled oats|
|100 g||Desiccated coconut|
|100 g||Soft brown sugar|
|70 g||Unsalted butter, chilled, cut into small cubes|
|1 tsp||Mixed spice|
|1 tsp||Caster sugar|
|1||Vanilla pod, seeds scraped|
|1 serving||Freeze-dried fruit, or fresh berries to serve|
|1 serving||Mandarin, segments, to garnish|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat oven to 180C and grease a baking dish.
- Cut each feijoa in half and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh in to a bowl. Drizzle golden syrup on the feijoas and arrange them into the baking dish.
- Put the flour, oats, coconut, brown sugar and butter and mixed spice in a food processor and pulse until you get a crumbly mixture; you can also use your hands and mix the crumble in a bowl.
- Spread the crumble mix on the feijoas. Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes until the crumble is crunchy.
- Mix the mascarpone with the caster sugar and vanilla seeds.
- To serve, garnish the crumble with freeze dried or fresh berries and mandarin segments and enjoy with a spoonful of vanilla mascarpone.