|100 g||Butter, softened|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|½ cup||Desiccated coconut|
|¾ cup||Plain flour|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|4||Feijoas, peeled and sliced (Main)|
|6||Lemons, juice only (Main)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat the oven to 170C (fan bake).
- Grease and line an 18cm square cake tin.
- In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and creamy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Stir in the coconut, sifted flour and baking powder.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin. Arrange feijoa slices over the top of the cake.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the tin. Once cold, remove and saturate with hot lemon syrup.
- To make the syrup, heat the lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan until boiling, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Simmer for 3-5 minutes or until thick and syrupy.