|450 g||Feijoas (Main)|
|2 Tbsp||Caster sugar|
|¼ cup||Glace ginger|
|100 g||Butter, softened|
|100 g||Brown sugar|
|150 g||Standard flour|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|2 tsp||Ground ginger|
|50 g||Ground almonds|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat the oven to 180C. Line the base of a 20cm baking tin with baking paper.
- Peel the feijoas, chop into 1cm cubes and mix with the juice of the lemon to prevent discolouration.
- Put them into a small saucepan with the 1 Tbsp butter and 2 Tbsp caster sugar to soften for 10 minutes over a low heat, stirring occasionally so they do not burn. Stir through the chopped glace ginger.
- Put the 100g softened butter and brown sugar into the bowl of a food mixer and beat until pale and thick.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and ground ginger. Add the almonds to the flour.
- Beat the eggs and milk in a bowl with a fork, then add to the creamed butter mixture a little at a time, alternating with the flour and almonds.
- Pour the batter into the tin and smooth the top. Spoon the feijoas and any syrup over the mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden and lightly firm.