Feijoa makes muffins delicious. These ones are light on the sugar but not so much on the fat, but that also makes them good. Freeze feijoa pulp by the cupful and you can make these year-round.
|1 cup||Feijoa, flesh (Main)|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|75 g||Butter, melted|
|2||Eggs, lightly beaten|
|½ cup||Sour cream|
|1||Orange, grated zest and juice (or use 1 lemon)|
|2 tsp||Baking powder|
|125 g||Cream cheese, cut in cubes (Main)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat oven to 200C and grease a 12-hole muffin pan.
- Combine the feijoas, sugar and butter in a bowl.
- Stir in the eggs, sour cream and orange or lemon zest and juice.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and cinnamon and stir until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan, gently pushing in pieces of cream cheese as you go, leaving 12 pieces to push into the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes until firm and golden.