This simple meatloaf recipe is great for the whole family. You can add vegetables to this meatloaf according to taste or what's in season. Try mushrooms, celery or courgettes.
|500 g||Beef mince (Main)|
|2 Tbsp||Tomato paste|
|1 Tbsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|8 slices||Rindless bacon|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 160degC.
- Place sausages in a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes.
- Drain sausages, then slit skins and remove sausage meat to a large bowl.
- Add mince, onion, carrot, parsley, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, egg, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Combine mixture with your hands.
- Lie bacon in an even, slightly overlapping line on a baking paper-lined oven tray.
- Shape meat mixture into a loaf and place in the middle of the bacon.
- Fold the bacon on top of the meat loaf. Turn loaf over so bacon ends are on the loaf base.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until meatloaf is cooked through.