This salad is one of our very first recipes. We had so many people disappointed that it wasn’t in the first book, so here it is for you now. Roasted cauliflower with a creamy fresh avocado mint dressing and spicy crisp radish slices. The pastel colours say summer, but it’s great anytime you can get your hands on good avocados.
|1 head||Cauliflower, cut into florets (Main)|
|2||Tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed (Main)|
|1 bunch||Radish, mandolined (Main)|
|1 large handful||Mint, roughly chopped (Main)|
|½ ||Avocados, sliced (Main)|
|½ cup||Coconut yoghurt|
|1 handful||Chopped mint, roughly chopped|
|1||Lemon, zest and juice|
|1 pinch||Flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper|
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Place the cauliflower and chickpeas onto 2 large baking trays, and drizzle with the oil. Top with the dukkah and salt, and toss to combine. Roast for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven.
- To make the dressing, place the avocado in a medium-sized bowl. Add the yoghurt, mint, lemon zest and juice, and salt and pepper. Using a handheld blender or a food processor, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Top the cauliflower and chickpeas with the radish, mint and remaining avocado. Drizzle with the creamy avocado dressing to serve.
- Store any leftover salad in an airtight container in the fridge, where it will keep for up to 4 days.