Guests will love this entree, make sure to use fresh lemon.
|250 g||Calamari tubes (Main)|
|1 tsp||White pepper, ground|
|1 tsp||Chilli, ground (Main)|
|1 to serve||Lemon, or lime wedges|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Cut tubes open so they lie flat and cut any larger tubes in half.
- Using a sharp knife, score the flesh on each side of the tube into a rough criss-cross pattern. Pat the calamari dry with paper towels.
- Combine the flour, pepper, salt and chilli in a flat dish, and dust the calamari with the spiced flour.
- Heat enough oil in a large frying pan to fill a depth of 1cm. once oil is hot, quickly cook calamari in batches until it curls and is golden all over.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot with lemon or lime wedges on the side.