|3 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|400 g||Snapper fillets (Main)|
|200 g||John dory fillets (Main)|
|250 g||Prawns, green-shelled (Main)|
|150 ml||Dry white wine|
|½ cup||Fresh herbs, (dill, chives, and parsley)|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|50 g||Pecorino cheese|
|1 to taste||Salt|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Heat a large pan of salted water, add a tablespoon of the oil and bring to a rapid boil.
- Add the lasagne sheets(Montebello Grano Duro) and simmer for 3-4 minutes to soften. Remove, drain well and place on sheets of baking paper so they do not stick together.
- In a large frying pan, gently heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, then add the onion(finely sliced) and garlic(crushed) and cook until it starts turning golden.
- Add the fish(cut into 3cm chunks), the prawns(sliced lengthways) and the wine, then simmer for a minute.
- Stir in the chopped herbs and lemon zest(from 1 lemon), season with salt and plenty of black pepper and take off the heat.
- To make the sauce, put the milk and bay leaf into a saucepan and bring to simmering point. Turn off the heat and allow the milk to infuse with the bay leaf for 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and stir in the flour. Allow to gently sizzle until the mixture becomes straw-coloured.
- Slowly add the infused milk, stirring constantly. When all the milk is added and the sauce has thickened slightly, add salt and ½ a grated nutmeg to taste.
- To assemble the lasagne, take a deep dish (35cm x 25cm) and spread 2 tablespoons of sauce across the bottom.
- Lay 3 sheets of pasta on top. Spread half the fish mixture on top of the pasta and cover with a third of the sauce.
- Lay 3 more sheets on top of this layer and repeat the layering with the remaining fish mixture, covering with half the remaining sauce.
- Cover with the final 3 sheets of pasta and spread the remaining sauce to cover the pasta. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is golden and bubbling. Remove from the oven and let the lasagne settle for 10 minutes. Serve with a crunchy green salad.