Imagine a full chocolate flavour and sweet chewy fruit. They are also ideal for junior samplers as the recipe contains no alcohol.
|1 ½ cups||Milk powder, dried|
|4 Tbsp||Brown sugar|
|2 Tbsp||Cocoa powder, plus extra to coat the truffles|
|1 cup||Sultanas (Main)|
|½ cup||Dried cranberries (Main)|
|1||Cocoa powder, to coat truffles|
|1 serving||Icing sugar, to coat truffles|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Place the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Heat the milk and butter together very gently until the butter melts. Do not boil.
- Pour this over the cocoa mixture. Mix well together.
- If the mixture is too weak, add a little more milk powder.
- Roll into small balls, about walnut size – these truffles are rich.
- Roll them in the additional cocoa or icing sugar and then gently cover.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container to be eaten when desired.
Make the same truffle and roll in coconut for a taste sensation that’s just as good!