The English say courgette, the Italians zucchini but, whatever you call it, this fabulous summer vegetable is popular the world over. This soup is substantial enough to serve as an entree or light meal.
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 ½ Ltr||Chicken stock|
|10 cm||Chorizo sausages|
|¼ cup||Sour cream|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, add chopped bacon, garlic, onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add peeled and cubed potatoes and cook for a further 2 minutes. Pour in chicken stock and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are just tender.
- Add grated courgettes and cook for a further 5 minutes. Transfer soup to a blender and pulse until ingredients are combined but mixture is not smooth.
- Cut the chorizo into 3cm-long strips. Heat a frying pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour soup into bowls, top with sour cream and chorizo slices.