This is full of crunch – sweet apple, salted almonds and zesty lemon chicken. You can also try smoked, or BBQ the chicken in strips. Look to use the cos hearts or mini cos lettuces.
|3 cups||Chicken stock|
|3 slices||Lemons, or 4|
|2 sprigs||Fresh thyme|
|2 sprigs||Fresh parsley|
|1||Chicken breast, large (Main)|
|2||Apples, thinly sliced|
|2 Tbsp||Lemon juice, plus extra for dressing|
|2||Baby cos lettuce, hearts, cut into quarters|
|1||Celery stalk, sliced|
|2||Radishes, or 3, finely sliced|
|¼ cup||Almond flakes, toasted and salted|
|1 to garnish||Borage flower, or edible flowers|
|½ tsp||Smoked paprika|
|¼ cup||Oil, lemon infused|
|1 Tbsp||Liquid honey|
|1 squeeze||Lemon juice|
|1 Tbsp||Fresh parsley, chopped|
|1 to taste||Salt and pepper|
- Heat the chicken stock, lemon slices, thyme and parsley in a saucepan or deep frying pan.
- Add the chicken breast and gently poach for 15-20 minutes – the breast should feel firm when squeezed with the tongs.
- Remove from the heat and let cool in the stock for 5 minutes, then transfer to a plate to cool and thinly slice on the angle.
- Toss the apple slices with the lemon juice to stop browning.
- Arrange the cos on a serving plate and top with apple slices, celery, radish, chicken, and sprinkle with the almonds.
- Spoon over the dressing and garnish with a few flowers.
- For the dressing, combine the ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake well.