|1 ¾ cups||Sugar|
|¼ cup||Instant coffee|
|700 ml||Vodka (Main)|
|1||Vanilla bean, split|
|1||Orange, use two strips of peel|
|½ tsp||Allspice berries|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Bring water to simmer, stir in sugar and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Dissolve coffee granules into it.
- Return to a simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes before stirring in the vodka.
- Split the vanilla bean in half and add with remaining spices into a 2-litre jug (use 2 strips of orange peel). Pour in your coffee/vodka mixture, cover tightly and let stand for 2 weeks.
- Pour the matured liqueur into decorative bottles and secure with a tight fitting top. Store in a cool pantry.