Chocolate and coffee are a match made in heaven. The mousse is easy, and though the coffee is not too dominant, the intense flavour of the mascarpone topping adds a perfect finishing touch.
|150 g||Chocolate (Main)|
|¼ cup||Coffee, strong (Main)|
|50 g||Caster sugar|
|1 Tbsp||Icing sugar|
|2 tsp||Coffee, strong|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Place the chocolate, butter, ¼ cup coffee and 100ml cream in a small saucepan. Heat slowly, stirring until the chocolate melts. Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, place the sugar and egg yolks. Beat until light and creamy in colour. Add the chocolate mixture and mix well.
- In a clean bowl beat the remaining cream until it forms light peaks. Fold through the chocolate mixture.
- Beat the egg whites until they hold their shape. Gently fold through the chocolate mixture. Pour into individual glasses or one large bowl. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To make the coffee mascarpone, mix the mascarpone, icing sugar and 2 tsp of coffee together.
- Just before serving place a dollop of coffee mascarpone on top and a few berries.
Check out Ray McVinnie's video on'How to make chocolate shards'