Cherries and coconut are a delicious combination. You could also add small chunks of dark chocolate for a more decadent loaf. Dried cherries are ideal but otherwise you can use glace cherries. Makes 1, ready in 1hr 5min
|1 ¼ cups||Self raising flour|
|1 tsp||Mixed spice|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|½ cup||Dried cherries (Main)|
|1 Tbsp||Brown sugar|
|⅔ cup||Desiccated coconut|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 180 degC. Grease and line a 24cm loaf tin.
- Sift the flour, mixed spice and salt into a bowl. Stir in caster sugar.
- Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Beat the eggs and milk together. Mix the cherries and coconut together.
- Add both to the flour mixture and mix - the mixture will be firm.
- Turn the mixture into the prepared tin, smooth the top and sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until firm to touch.
- After baking, leave in tin for 10 minutes before turning out to cool on a wire rack.