Simplicity and a “beautiful eat” is how I would describe this week’s “on toast”. Go for a spicy chorizo, as the white bean puree will balance the sting of the heat and the spice.
|1 can||White beans|
|1 loaf||Ciabatta bread|
|1 splash||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 squeeze||Lemon juice|
|1 clove||Garlic, finely chopped|
|1 sprig||Fresh thyme, finely chopped|
|1 packet||Chorizo sausage, sliced|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Slice some ciabatta and brush with extra virgin olive oil. Grill until crisp around the edges.
- Blitz a can of white beans with some extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice until smooth.
- Mix through a little finely chopped garlic and fresh thyme, then season to taste.
- Lightly fry some sliced chorizo. Spread a lick of the white bean puree on to bruschetta and top with warm chorizo and torn basil leaves.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the top… you're in heaven.