Three bowls are all it takes to whip up this rich fudgy cake –then simply layer with frosting and decorate with store-bought sugar flowers.
|¼ cup||Olive oil|
|200 g||Dark chocolate, broken into pieces|
|1 cup||Coffee, hot|
|2 tsp||Baking soda|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|½ cup||Cocoa powder|
|½ cup||Sour cream|
|1 cup||Milk chocolate buttons|
|½ cup||Cream, for milk frosting|
|375 g||Dark chocolate buttons (Main)|
|1 cup||Cream, for dark chocolate ganache|
|1 packet||Iced decorations, white sugar daisies|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Grease and line the base of a 21cm spring-form cake tin.
- Place the chocolate in a glass or stainless-steel bowl and pour over the hot coffee and oil. Leave to rest for 5 minutes, then stir until smooth and melted.
- In a large bowl, sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and cocoa. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, cream and sour cream until smooth. Mix all three mixtures together until well combined. Pour into prepared tin and bake for 50-60 minutes. Test with a skewer.
- Cool completely, then slice horizontally into three layers.
- To make the milk frosting, heat the ½ cup cream and add milk chocolate, stirring until melted. Let cool until spreadable, then sandwich between the cake layers.
- To make the dark chocolate ganache, heat the cup of cream and pour over the dark chocolate melts. Leave for 5 minutes, then stir until melted and smooth. Leave to cool and thicken.
- Ice the cake with a very thin layer of ganache. Decorate with remaining ganache to create patterns. Finish with a few white icing daisies.