For those times when you need a chocolate fix, Warren Elwin provides...
|40 g||Hazelnuts, toasted|
|40 g||Pumpkin seeds|
|40 g||Pistachio nuts|
|1 Tbsp||Sesame seeds, toasted|
|2 Tbsp||Coffee beans, optional|
|50 g||Dates, chopped|
|125 g||Dark chocolate (Main)|
|125 g||Milk chocolate|
|¼ tsp||Ground cinnamon|
|¼ tsp||Ground nutmeg|
|1 pinch||Sea salt|
|½||Oranges, freshly grated zest|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Roughly crush nuts, seeds and coffee beans in a mortar and pestle. Place in a bowl with dates and the lemon zest.
- Melt chocolates in a bowl over boiling water, then fold in cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add the nut mixture and spread across a large piece of baking paper to form a slab.
- Sprinkle with a little sea salt and grated orange zest and chill until hard.
- Break into small pieces to serve.