The delightful crunchy topping on these cupcakes makes a nice alternative to a regular chocolate icing.
|¼ cup||Brown sugar|
|1 Tbsp||Cocoa powder|
|¼ cup||Chocolate bits (Main)|
|125 g||Butter, at room temperature|
|2 tsp||Baking powder|
|¼ cup||Cocoa powder (Main)|
|¼ cup||Raspberry jam (Main)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan, or line it with paper cases. Make the topping by rubbing first 25g measure of butter into combined flour, brown sugar and cocoa until mixture is crumbly. Mix in chocolate bits, then set aside.
- Beat room teperature butter (125g) with sugar until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and cocoa, and gently mix in milk.
- Half-fill the muffin pans with batter, then add a small dollop of raspberry jam. Top with the remaining cupcake batter.
- Sprinkle crumble topping over each cupcake.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until cakes are springy to the touch. Cool on a cake rack.