|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 ¼ cups||Flour|
|2 tsp||Dijon mustard (Main)|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh chives, chopped (Main)|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Grate butter into flour, add mustard and rub with fingers until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add the chives, salt and ground black pepper.
- Mix egg yolk with milk and stir into flour. Mix to form soft dough. Add a little more milk if needed.
- Drop heaped tablespoons of dough into simmering soup or on top of a stew.
- Cover the pan tightly and cook for 20 minutes or until dumplings are puffed and fluffy.