Bamboo steamers are inexpensive and can be bought from Asian supermarkets and stores.
|350 g||Pork mince (Main)|
|100 g||Prawns, chopped|
|1 Tbsp||Spring onion, finely chopped|
|¼ cup||Water chestnuts, finely chopped|
|1 tsp||Sesame oil|
|1 Tbsp||Soy sauce|
|1 clove||Garlic, finely chopped|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Mix the mince, prawns, spring onion, water chestnuts, sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic and egg white together in a bowl.
- Place a heaped teaspoon of the filling in the centre of each wonton wrapper.
- Dampen the edges of the wrappers with water, then draw up the sides and press edges together to seal.
- Place small circles of baking paper in the base of bamboo steamer and sit the dumplings on top. You will need to do this in batches. Steam the dumplings over a saucepan of boiling water for 8 minutes.
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce.