A delicious fennel soup served chilled, for warmer days.
|300 g||Fennel (Main)|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Lemon, zest and juice|
|1 tsp||Sea salt|
|2 cups||Chicken stock, hot|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Finely chop the fennel (reserve the fronds for garnishing), onion and garlic.
- Fry gently in olive oil with the lemon zest, bay leaves and sea salt for 5-7 minutes until soft, stirring constantly.
- Add the chicken stock (or use water) and simmer until tender, approx 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover and leave to cool.
- Remove bay leaves, add a small handful of chopped fennel fronds and blitz in food processor until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and lemon juice. Chill well.
- Serve in bowls drizzled with extra virgin olive oil, a sprinkle of fennel frond and a grind of pepper.