For its short season, asparagus is definitely a staple food for spring
|4||Chicken breasts (Main)|
|800 g||Cannellini beans (Main)|
|¼ cup||Lemon juice|
|½ cup||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tsp||Dijon mustard|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Rub chicken with oil and season with salt.
- Heat a frying pan and cook chicken for 5 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook asparagus until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Mix the cannellini beans with the onion, garlic and parsley.
- Combine oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper and drizzle over the beans.
- Slice chicken and serve with asparagus on the white bean salad.