|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Onion, finely chopped|
|400 g||Chicken mince (Main)|
|1||Canned tomatoes, chopped|
|¼ tsp||Chilli powder|
|4||Taco shells (Main)|
|4||Iceberg lettuce, leaves, shredded into thin strips|
|¼ cup||Low-fat sour cream, to serve|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat a saucepan, add oil and onion and cook over a medium heat for five minutes to soften. Add chicken mince and stir-fry for five minutes to lightly brown.
- Add canned tomatoes and simmer for five to 10 minutes or until liquid has reduced and mixture thickened. Add chilli powder and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- At the same time, warm taco shells in an oven heated to 180C for five minutes until crisp.
- Spoon chicken mixture into taco shells, scatter with some shredded lettuce and grated carrot.
- Serve sour cream on the side to dollop over tacos if desired.