Good-quality stock is the key to any kind of noodle bowl, as it provides a rich source of umami. Add a handful of sliced dried Asian mushrooms if you like. They won't need soaking in advance.
|4 cups||Chicken stock|
|½ cup||Teriyaki sauce, see link to recipe below (Main)|
|3||Boneless chicken thighs, skinless, sliced thinly (Main)|
|½||Limes, use the zest only, finely grated|
|3 heads||Bok choy, quartered lenghtwise (Main)|
|2||Spring onions, thinly angle sliced|
|270 g||Udon noodles, cooked according to packet instructions (Main)|
|½||Limes, use the juice only|
|3 Tbsp||Fresh ginger, cut into matchsticks|
|½ cup||Chopped coriander (Main)|
|1 tsp||Chopped red chilli, (optional) (Main)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Place stock and teriyaki sauce in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and lime zest and simmer gently for 3 minutes. Add bok choy and simmer until chicken is fully cooked through (about 3 minutes).
- Just before serving, mix in spring onions and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain cooked noodles and divide between four warmed bowls. Top with chicken soup.
- Drizzle with lime juice, sprinkle with ginger, coriander and chilli, if using, and serve immediately.