Sweetcorn is another summer treat we can’t get enough of (especially when Aunty Aneta is in town). This one-dish chicken bake has become a family favourite because it is filled with in seasonal ingredients and it only leaves one oven dish to wash.
|4||Boneless chicken thighs (Main)|
|2 tsp||Rice bran oil|
|2||Sweetcorn, cobs, peeled (Main)|
|16||Potatoes, sliced into quaters|
|4 slices||Pancetta, chopped (Main)|
|½||Red onions, finely sliced|
|3 cloves||Garlic, crushed|
|1 punnet||Cherry tomatoes, halved (Main)|
|¼ cup||Fresh basil|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Pre-heat the oven to 170C. Brown the chicken thighs in a frypan on a medium heat until the skin is golden.
- Char the sweetcorn on an open flame, such as the top of your gas hob, or grill in the oven until its skin starts to blacken. Once charred on the outside, slice the kernels off the corn with a knife.
- In a roasting tray add the potatoes, pancetta, red onion and garlic. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Add the chicken, tomatoes and sweetcorn to the dish and cook for a further 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the juice runs clear.
- Remove from the oven, season and sprinkle over the basil leaves to serve.