Why not combine two Kiwi favourites, soup and cheesy toast, this winter? It is the perfect dinner time treat for the whole family.
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|3 cups||Chicken stock|
|500 g||Pumpkin (Main)|
|1 ½ cups||Tasty cheese|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan and gently cook onion, celery and garlic until tender. Add pumpkin and stock, bring to the boil and then simmer until pumpkin is soft.
2. Meanwhile preheat oven to 180 degC. Mix 1 cup grated cheese and egg in a small bowl. Spread over bread, then cut each slice into three fingers. Place fingers on a baking tray and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until crisp.
3. Remove soup from heat and purée in batches until smooth.
4. Return soup to the heat and bring back to the boil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Scatter remaining grated cheese over soup and serve with cheesy fingers.