|2 sheets||Puff pastry, cut into 8-10cm circles|
|¼ cup||Almond butter, or paste|
|1 head||Cauliflower (Main)|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|200 g||Sausages, venison, thinly sliced|
|100 g||Feta, crumbly|
|50 g||Roasted almonds, roasted|
|3 Tbsp||Mint leaves, torn|
|3 Tbsp||Fennel fronds|
|3 Tbsp||Basil leaves, torn|
|1 handful||Baby rocket, leaves|
|2 Tbsp||Curry powder|
|4 Tbsp||Canola oil, or vegetable|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the pastry discs between two sheets of baking paper, between two baking trays and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Once baked and cooled, spread with the almond butter.
- Cut or break the cauliflower into small florets and blanche in boiling salted water.
- Drain, then toss in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Chargrill the cauliflower with the venison sausage on a hot barbecue, or in a chargrill pan.
- In a bowl, combine the cauliflower, sausage, feta, almonds, herbs and rocket. Toss together with the curry oil (below).
- Arrange on top of the pastry and drizzle with a little of the excess curry oil.
- Curry oil:In a small saucepan, bring the oil and curry powder to a simmer, then remove from heat.