This caramel chocolate brownie is just a favourite of mine. Traditionally, before condensed milk arrived in tins already caramelised, we would boil the whole tin in a large pot for an hour to caramelise the sticky deliciousness. Here, I cheated and bought a tin for convenience — making life simpler.
|¾ cup||Cocoa powder|
|2 cups||Brown sugar|
|1 ½ cups||Plain flour|
|100 g||Chocolate, chopped roughly (Main)|
|375 g||Caramel condensed milk (Main)|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Preheat an oven to 170C. Line a 20 x 20cm tin with baking paper.
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized pot. Add the cocoa, vanilla and brown sugar and stir until well combined. Remove from the heat.
- Add the eggs one at a time, the flour and then the chocolate.
- Spoon half the mixture into the tin. Stir the caramel well in a small bowl before adding in spoonfuls to the base. Use a fork to drag the caramel over the chocolate mixture. Spread the remaining chocolate mixture on top. It is fine if it's not perfect. Place into the oven for 25 minutes. A little soft in the middle is okay.
- Remove and cool before slicing.