|1 ½ cups||Self raising flour|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 cup||Buttermilk (Main)|
|50 g||Butter, melted, extra for cooking|
|2||Bananas, cut lengthways (Main)|
|200 g||Mascarpone, to serve|
|1 bottle||Maple syrup, to drizzle for serving|
|1 punnet||Blueberries, optional|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- In a bowl place the flour, baking powder and sugar.
- In a smaller bowl mix the buttermilk, eggs and butter together. Add to the flour and whisk to a smooth batter.
- Heat a frying pan to a medium heat, add a small knob of butter and melt.
- Pour cup batter into the pan and cook until it bubbles, then flip and cook the other side. Repeat until all the mixture is used.
- Heat another knob of butter and fry the bananas until golden.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle over the cooked bananas.
- Serve two hotcakes topped with fried banana and mascarpone.
- Drizzle with maple syrup, and add blueberries if using.