|1 kg||Chicken breast, cut into cubes (Main)|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh ginger, minced|
|2 tsp||Garam masala|
|1 tsp||Ground cardamom|
|450 g||Tomato passata|
|½ cup||Yoghurt, thick|
|8 servings||Naan bread|
AdvertisementAdvertise with NZME.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add half the chicken and brown on all sides, then remove to a plate. Repeat with remainder of the chicken.
- Add butter to the pan and melt. Add ginger, garam masala, paprika, coriander and cardamom and stir for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Return chicken to the pan and coat in spices.
- Add passata and sugar, stir well and cook for 10 minutes until sauce has thickened slightly and chicken is cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add yoghurt, cream and lemon juice, and bring back to a simmer for 3-5 minutes to heat through. Serve hot with rice and naan bread.